PAWPrints is Brown's printing service. All undergrads are allocated $30 worth of free printing per academic year (a single page costs about $0.07). It is possible to print to PAWPrints from your Linux system.
- Open the Add Print dialog (choose System → Administration → Printing, followed by Printer → Add Printer)
- On some versions of Ubuntu you need to run the command system-config-printer and then click on Add.
- Select "Network Printer" and choose "LPD/LPR Host or Printer"
- Enter the following and then click "Forward" (see screenshot):
- Host: email@example.com (where username is your Brown username)
- Queue: PAWPrints
- Choose the HP Laserjet 9000 Series driver
- On the final screen, check the "Duplex Unit Installed" box
Add a printer:
- Device: LPD/LPR Host or Printer
- Device URI: lpd://firstname.lastname@example.org/PAWPrints (where username is your Brown username)
- Driver: HP Laserjet 9000 Series
After adding the printer, go to "Set Printer Options" and set Duplex unit to "Installed."